Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Big Boy!






So today Gavin is 6 months old! I can't hardly believe it! Part of me thinks the last six months have gone so slow (ie. shoulde surgery and recovery which has been the last 3 months of his little life, not being able to hold him and take care of my kids or myself for that matter, was quite interesting) And then part of me thinks it has gone so fast, half a year is a long time and he is getting so big!

This morning when I went to get him, he was on his back! I have recently started putting him on his belly at bedtime and he is sleeping great through the night, so this morning when I went in and he was on his back I thought, FINALLY! I mean, he has rolled over a time or two before but has never been interested really, something tells me this little boy is a "go with the flow" kid. Which is great with me. AT least I finally have a milestone to put in his scrapbook, haha!

With my mom on Sunday, I started giving him a little rice cereal for the first time and he was so funny. For as ready as he has been to start solid foods, he certainly didn't gobble it up like I thought he would. In fact, he didn't even know to open his mouth, I had to wiggle the liquidy stuff into his mouth and then he just spit it out. So funny. He did do a little better yesterday so we will see what this afternoon brings for me!

At the end of this I will put a pic of Logan up of him pretending to use my breastpump! NICE! Is this going to traumatize him forever? haha maybe he will be more sympathetic to his wife someday, who knows!

4 comments:

luvmyboys said...

Logan using the breast pump is an eerily familiar sight. Lucas was doing the same thing!!! :) Our babies grow too fast! Good luck with rice cereal!

Martinez Family said...

Happy 1/2 bday, Gavin!! Way to go on your big roll-over!! :) I couldn't figure out what Logan was doing, until I really looked - that is sooo funny!!! :)
Are you ready for next week???!!! I can't wait!!! :)

michelle said...

Wowzers girlfriend! I sure have some catching up to do with you! Congrats on your beautiful bub!
You will have to blog in more detail about the surgery. Is everything OK now?
Love your new blog.

hansen family said...

hahaha, the brest pump is so funny!!! See you Saturday!!